Black may be the color on the red carpet for this year’s movie and music awards season. But, for us, bronze is the tone that’s trending in our world. Last week, we were so honored to learn that VoyageVixens.com won bronze for “Best Independent Travel Blog”, awarded by the National American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA).
The organization supports professional travel journalism and honors the excellence of travel promotion throughout the world.
And this is the second bronze award for the blog this year. (If only you could see us doing our celebratory happy dance! Oh wait. You can! Keep scrolling down.)
Bronze is the New Black?
In November, Lanee went to Iceland on behalf of VoyageVixens.com to receive the Society of American Travel (SATW)’s prestigious Lowell Thomas bronze award for “Best Travel Blog”.
We’re continuing the happy dance on behalf of these talented travel writers who won big as well (and are thrilled to be in their company!):
Grand Prize Winners
- Michael Luongo (We made friends with Michael at a recent Travel Classics conference.)
- Rebecca Rhoades (We traveled with Rebecca in Moab, Utah. When Lanee retired from her ‘Wanderlush Diary’ column on Wanderlustandlipstick.com, Rebecca (coincidentally) took over. She’s doing a great job reporting on tippling travels!)
Travel Broadcast – Video & Television
- Silver: Paula Froelich, “Yahoo Travel: A Broad, Abroad,” Yahoo Travel. (Check out our interview with Paula Froelich about her show + travel tips here.)
Commercial/Publication Travel Blog
- Gold: Yahoo Travel (Congrats to Jo Piazza, managing editor at Yahoo Travel. We just sailed around the Galapagos with her! So fun.)
- Silver: National Geographic Intelligent Travel (Congrats to Leslie Magraw, Intelligent Travel’s editor. We had some good times in the Cook Islands together!)
Destination Travel, Domestic Magazine
- Gold: Andrew McCarthy, “Sleepless in Seville,” Travel + Leisure (who Lindsay had the honor of meeting at the launch event for his best-selling travel memoir, Longest Way Home.)
Trade Travel Article
Finalist: Skye Mayring, “A Brave New World,” TravelAge West (As a fellow Angeleno, we run into Skye at travel functions all the time, plus Lanee got to hang with her in Iceland, where she won best travel journalist of the year by SATW!)
And finally, congrats to the two bloggers/blogs who took gold and silver in our category: Matt Long of LandLopers.com and Jen Pollack Bianca of MyLifesATrip.com. We hope to meet you someday along the way too!